• Ensures the purchase of goods, of the correct quantity, at the right price and at the right time.
• Sources suppliers and compares them on price, lead times and quality requirements.
• Ensures that a clear record of all orders, purchase requisitions, invoices e.t.c. are kept in line with SOPs.
• Strict adherence to authority levels before effecting procurement of goods and services.
• Keeps track of procurement needs for user departments by continuous tracking of re-order levels and goods warehouse requirements as advised by Warehouse Controller
• Maintain a system of standard procurement documentation, files and procedures which adequately supports the operational needs of the division in line with applicable standards and regulations e.g. BRCGS system.
• Maintains adequate filing of approved suppliers’, supplier evaluations, service level agreements, suppliers’ profiles and all relevant documentation.
• Ensure continuous tracking and follow up of all procured goods and services in terms of delivery time lines, lead times, import processing and customs clearing of imported raw materials and plant equipment and spares in line with division’s requirements.
• Ensures all duties and other payments to customs, shipping agents and port authorities are correct, reconciled and are prepared timeously.
• Maintain a system of control in procurement and imports clearing in line with approved SOPs by ensuring full set of documents, Bills of Entry, invoices, shipping invoices e.t.c. are available on transacting.
- Diploma/Degree in Purchasing and Supply Or Supply Chain Management Or equivalent
- Efficient computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and ERP software.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organisation.