• Participating in the viability assessment of identified development opportunities.
• Supporting the development team and technology partners to deliver the most appropriate platform technology and functionality set according to agile development and testing principles (delivery).
• Driving the operational excellence principle adopting best practice for the platform business creating a coherent link between people, processes, and technology.
• Developing client engagement models and after sales frameworks, including customer on boarding/retention framework for inclusion into the platform development and processes.
• Monitoring attrition and utilization of the platform in order to identify appropriate platform changes related to client management.
• Identifying, growing, and developing relationships, with the aim of retaining a viable selection of platform producers, partners, donors, and other commercial partnerships to improve liquidity, accessibility and other commercial indicators that drive the virality and large scale end-user adoption and commercialization of the platform.
• Monitoring and measuring partner performance in accordance with the defined contract principles and commercial agreements.
• Collaborating closely with governance functions of the bank to maintain most appropriate governance, risk, and security practices, with special consideration to cross-border engagement, exchange control and related risks and frameworks.
• Identifying additional governance bodies and representatives required for commercialization processes, based on the addition of partners, services and customer offerings.
• Drafting and gaining approval for the implementation of partner service level agreements/standards.
• Advising and guiding commercial partners in compliance to regulatory requirements.
• Address and close out internal, risk or regulatory findings within defined timeline, engaging team members as required.
• Driving income statement growth from a profitability, financial viability and commercial perspective, as well as being responsible for financial management of partner, producer and technology solution provider relationships.
• Driving the agile project management and test-and-learn execution of the work streams related to commercial partnering, supporting team members in the identification of training requirements, cross functional collaboration opportunities and guiding/ coaching team members to support commercialisation of the platform.
• Developing strategies related to identifying, growing, and establishing collaborative agreements with platform producers, partners, donors, and other commercial partnerships that support the overall platform strategy.
- A relevant Commercial Degree
- Certifications in digital business management are an added advantage
- Must have at least 5 years working experience in business development, commercialization, relationship management or product management role.
- Agile project management experience.
- The ability to plan and communicate a business case to support the intent to engage with a financial transaction with a qualified client or to align a new or existing product range.
- The ability to apply a methodology for understanding and mapping client journeys and knows when and how to develop and use personas.
- Understanding of financial models and the ability to utilise modelling software packages.